Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Art to the Masses

I found this on Fwy 80 East, Just before the bridge.

I love it.

This nod to Goya; a man who also lived in a time of war, is just bad ass.

This is SOMA.

San Francisco has been undergoing a huge and obscene condo hi-rise boom in the last few years in the traditionally industrial SOMA district. While rent prices skyrocket the high-rises and gentrifiers pour in. Much of San Francisco’s cultural character has been pushed aside, or pushed out for well to do out of towners who are apparently the only ones who can afford the "affordable housing" that these mammoth domiciles provide.

I guess thats the way of the world these days, but it’s still sad.


Saturn devouring his own was alway one of my favorites.

In another life I would have been an art history teacher for sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just post one comment for the last three posts. As always, excellent stuff. Your blog makes me happy.

November 1, 2007 at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home